Friday, July 19, 2013

My Favorite Restaurant thus far...

I usually don't just narrow it down to one restaurant that I call me favorite. I actually have a few that are my favs and love to go there time to tome. But this place is at the top of my Favs list. Bistro La Bonne in Washington, DC is an excellent place for traditional and authentic french food. The quint little spot is tucked away on U street with a warm atmosphere, great service, and the food, WOW, well lets just say its worth it...

So the first time my friend and I went was for a friends birthday. We went for dinner, met the chef that would cooking out food, bottles of great wine, and company. Everyone ordered something different. So we got a chance to sample a lot of items on the table. Me and him only ordered a view items, but soon realized we should have ordered more. For appetizers I ordered the french onion soup. OMG, one of the best soups I have tasted. The onions were tender in the beef broth, the bread on top was crunchy and the Gruyere cheese was fantastic on top melted. My friend ordered the cream of spinach. All I can say about that was exceptional. The sauteed spinach cooked in seasoned cream was beyond awesome.


















For entrees I had ordered Spaguetti Bolognaise with meat sauce. The noodles were made in house and the sauce was so good. He ordered the Croque Monsieur which is a classic french sandwich with smoked ham, Gruyere cheese and bechamel sauce. Both dishes were marvelous. Then for dessert, we shared the Gâteau à La Mousse De Chocolat, which is a white and dark chocolate mousse cake with raspberry sauce. I have to say, there dinner menu comes with a wide range of items to choose from. A definite must try...























So then about a week later, we decided we had to try brunch on Sundays. Beside the large number of breakfast items, they have bottomless mimosa's from the brunch hour which is 10:00am-4:00pm. So this time he was just me and him on a Sunday brunch date to sample yet another great and fabulous meal. I ordered the La Bonne Full breakfast which came with: two eggs, fries, bacon, toulouse sausage, english muffin, jambon de paris, baked tomato, and mixed greens. This breakfast was so big, I couldn't finish it all. The different meats is what sent this breakfast to another level. My friend ordered the Steak and Eggs with Bearnaise sauce, fries, and mixed greens. There brunch menu is full of sweet waffles, omelets, mussels, Eggs Benedict and more...









For those that haven't been there, its a must try... Once you go once, you will always want to go back...

Bistro La Bonne on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment